Atlantic Shores’ Cheese Ravioli
Fresh Corn Salad with Feta Cheese
Spring has sprung! This is one of my favorite spring salads as the season starts turning green. I fondly remember my time working on a farm, where I was their cheese maker. When corn was in season, this would be my go-to salad on my lunch break. It is so simple, and jammed packed with flavor.
It’s also a diverse salad that you change up with different fresh vegetables as the seasons change. For example, I have used thinly sliced Tuscan Kale, and changed out the dill for fresh Tarragon. The options are limitless, go out and be creative — play with your food!!
- 1 shallot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 ears of fresh uncooked corn, remove kernels with a sharp knife
- 4 Persian Cucumbers, 1/2 inch, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, ribs removed and ½” diced
- ¼ cup fresh dill, minced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- Crumbled Feta cheese, rinsed, as a garnish
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons white onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Method of Prep:
- Salt the shallot slices in 1/2 tsp. salt and allow to sit about 20 minutes to draw out any harshness. Rinse well with water and pat dry with a paper towel. In a large bowl toss the corn kernels lightly to separate them, add the shallot and the remaining salad ingredients and toss again to combine.
- In a smaller bowl combine the buttermilk, vinegar, onion, yogurt, and garlic and whisk to combine. Add the oil in a slow stream, whisking, until amalgamated. Season with freshly ground pepper and salt to taste.
- In a large bowl talk the mix corn and add ½ of the dressing. With a spoon fold the corn mixture in with the dressing. If the salad is too dry, add more dressing. (Reminder, you can always add, but you can not take away!) Put the salad your favorite bowl and garnish with Feta Cheese.
Recipe provided by:
Atlantic Shores Retirement Community