Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there! Our Executive Chef Kyle Pafford would like to celebrate this special holiday by sharing a recipe handed down to him from his dad.
Enjoy this recipe and make a batch with your dad — and create lasting memories with your loved ones and family.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-oz can Pumpkin Pie Mix
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Generously grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with butter and dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until just blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until very light and fluffy, a few minutes. Mix in the pumpkin.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until combined.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pans, dividing evenly, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.