If you’re in search of a sweet Valentine’s Day treat that won’t ruin your New Year’s resolutions to eat healthier, look no further! Our new Executive Chef, Kyle Pafford, has a deceptively delicious high fiber recipe. The secret ingredient — black beans!
- 15 ounces, black beans, drained
- 3 eggs, whole
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (can substitute honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Put drained beans into a blender, and puree until it becomes a smooth consistency.
- Mix in eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix the following; cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt. Once mixed, slowly incorporate the dry mixture with the egg mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into a greased pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled, drizzle with ganache, cut and enjoy.
Recipe provided by:
Atlantic Shores Retirement Community