Atlantic Shores’ Father’s Day Pumpkin Bread
Cheese Ravioli with Tomato Sauce, Spinach, Pine Nut & Parmesan
This pasta dish is a family favorite – simple to prepare, but delicious and full of flavor. I always enjoy fortifying an ingredient and making it my own. When creating the tomato sauce, I used Pinot Noir. Have fun experimenting with your own favorite red wine, and enjoy a glass while preparing it! This recipe is very easy to adapt to create a whole new dish. Switch up the flavoring by changing the sauce to a pesto, or the cheese with ricotta. Be creative – – go and play with your food!
- 32 ea Cheese Ravioli
- 1 gal salted water (For cooking ravioli)
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 T garlic, fresh, clove, minced
- 1 cup Pinot Noir
- 12 oz Tomato sauce
- 3 T Basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 T Oregano, fresh, chopped
- 2 T Oil
- 3 cups spinach, fresh
- Pinch Salt, Kosher
- Pinch Pepper, black
- 1 T Pine nuts, toasted
- ½ T Parm Cheese, shaved or grated
- In a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat add the oil, tomato, and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the garlic has some browning color.
- Pour in the Pinot Noir and reduce down until almost gone. Stir the bottom of the pan to get all of the flavors from the tomato and garlic while they are sautéed.
- When the wine is almost fully reduced, add your favorite tomato sauce, and fresh herbs. Turn down the heat to medium and let simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring the bottom every so often.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add oil and spinach. Cook down spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, put 8 cooked ravioli down in the center Place the tomato sauce over the ravioli followed by the sautéed spinach. Garnish with toasted pine nuts and Parmesan Cheese.
Recipe provided by:
Atlantic Shores Retirement Community